Mashreq leads loan syndicate for Bank of Ceylon
Dubai, December 26, 2011
Dubai lender Mashreq said on Monday it had led a syndication of banks to raise a $140 million loan for Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon.
Ten regional banks participated in the facility, including Oman's Bank Sohar and Bank Dhofar, Qatar's Doha Bank and UAE lenders Emirates NBD and Union National Bank.
The statement did not provide details on the terms of the loan, including the tenor and pricing, but said the deal was oversubscribed.
Mashreq acted as the mandated lead arranger, book runner and facility agent for the syndication. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service