Mashreq leads loan syndicate for Bank of Ceylon
Dubai, December 26, 2011
Dubai lender Mashreq said on Monday it had led a syndication of banks to raise a $140 million loan for Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon.
Ten regional banks participated in the facility, including Oman's Bank Sohar and Bank Dhofar, Qatar's Doha Bank and UAE lenders Emirates NBD and Union National Bank.
The statement did not provide details on the terms of the loan, including the tenor and pricing, but said the deal was oversubscribed.
Mashreq acted as the mandated lead arranger, book runner and facility agent for the syndication. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity