Bank Muscat plans $260m rights issue
Muscat, December 22, 2011
Oman's Bank Muscat, the sultanate's largest bank by assets, will launch a rights issue in the second quarter of 2012, subject to regulatory approval, the bank said in a bourse statement on Thursday.
The 100 million Omani rials ($259.7 million) rights issue will see shares offered at a 20-percent discount to market price, the statement said, although it added that further details about the offering would be published once it had got the regulator's sign-off.
Standard & Poor's raised its long-term rating on Bank Muscat to A- from BBB+ last week, citing "its strong business position, strong capital and earnings, moderate risk position, average funding, and adequate liquidity." - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget