Ahli United wins EU banking award
Manama, November 16, 2011
Bahrain-based Ahli United Bank (AUB) was announced a winner of the prestigious Straight Through Processing (STP) award by Commerzbank, one of Europe's largest financial institutions.
This is the fourth consecutive year AUB has received the award which is granted to select Commerzbank partners worldwide who meet stringent criteria for Euro payments processing.
'In maintaining highest international Swift standards, Ahli United Bank has positively contributed to a smooth handling and processing of international payments, acting in the best interest of all concerned parties, especially in regard to clients at both ends of the payment chain,' said Commerzbank senior relationship manager Marcos Krepel.
'We are pleased to receive this yet another international confirmation of our enforcing of world class standards in our daily funds transfer operations,' said AUB deputy group chief executive for operations and technology Shafqat Anwar.
'This award reflects the major investment we made in deploying state-of-the-art payment infrastructure, but above all the hard work and customer-focused efforts of our team,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award