Ahli United wins EU banking award
Manama, November 16, 2011
Bahrain-based Ahli United Bank (AUB) was announced a winner of the prestigious Straight Through Processing (STP) award by Commerzbank, one of Europe's largest financial institutions.
This is the fourth consecutive year AUB has received the award which is granted to select Commerzbank partners worldwide who meet stringent criteria for Euro payments processing.
'In maintaining highest international Swift standards, Ahli United Bank has positively contributed to a smooth handling and processing of international payments, acting in the best interest of all concerned parties, especially in regard to clients at both ends of the payment chain,' said Commerzbank senior relationship manager Marcos Krepel.
'We are pleased to receive this yet another international confirmation of our enforcing of world class standards in our daily funds transfer operations,' said AUB deputy group chief executive for operations and technology Shafqat Anwar.
'This award reflects the major investment we made in deploying state-of-the-art payment infrastructure, but above all the hard work and customer-focused efforts of our team,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance