Iran ministry plans $1bn bond issue
Tehran, July 9, 2011
Iran's energy minister aims to issue $1 billion of dollar denominated bonds, the students news agency Isna reported on Saturday.
'We are preparing to issue $1 billion of bonds to develop electricity and water projects,' Majid Namjou told Isna, adding the bonds would be offered inside Iran and abroad.
Namjou's announcement comes as plans to merge his ministry with the Oil Ministry are on hold due to opposition from parliament.
Iran is under increasingly tight economic sanctions due to western fears it is seeking nuclear weapons capability, something Iran denies.
The sanctions make it harder for Iran to find foreign investors in its oil and gas sector and to access international financial services.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale