BBK-Markaz US fund nets good returns
Manama, July 5, 2011
Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) said the bank has seen its BBK-Markaz-I US Industrial Realty Fund registering total returns of 75 per cent since its launch in 2002.
BBK-Markaz-I was a real estate investment project established by BBK and Kuwait Financial Centre to provide investors with the most lucrative and successful transactions in real estate investment.
Markaz and BBK raised approximately $43.3 million to acquire a portfolio of distribution warehouses in the US.
"BBK-Markaz-I's investment accomplished a superior performance, portrayed in a series of successful activities," said BBK chief executive Abdulkarim Bucheery.
"Over the life of the fund, the average annual return (IRR) was 9 per cent, while it posted a 17 per cent profit on funds capital, giving investors a total of 75 per cent return during the life of the fund including dividends.
"BBK is committed to providing a complete and innovative range of investment services, providing investors with outstanding financial returns," he added.
BBK-Markaz-I was one of the most promising investment opportunities in the real estate sector which offered decent returns in the tough real estate environment in the US spread over seven states.
It proved resilient to the sharp correction in the real estate sector that started in 2007.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs