Al Baraka unit set to open Algiers HQ
Manama, June 30, 2011
Al Baraka Bank Algeria, a subsidiary unit of Bahrain-based Al Baraka Banking Group, has signed contracts for the establishment of the bank's headquarters in the Algerian capital Algiers.
The contracts were signed in Istanbul, Turkey, in the presence of the bank's chairman and board, a number of executives and Aslan Turkey Company director general Mustafa Cihad Arsalan. The company will construct the Al Baraka Bank Algeria Tower.
"We always look forward to achieving excellence in all markets in which we operate and meet the needs of our customers by providing superior services to them in a comfortable and modern work environment," Al Baraka Bank Algeria chairman and Al Baraka Banking Group president and chief executive Adnan Ahmed Yousif said.
"Our insisting on implementing this main project headquarters at this time confirms our confidence in the considerable capacities and resources of Al Baraka Bank Algeria and the group, which should entitle them to continue the growth and consistent high profitability.”
"This project comes within the framework of our efforts towards the provision of best banking services to our customers in Algeria, stressing the group's determination to move forward in strengthening its presence in the Algerian market and to contribute positively to the development of the Algerian economy," he added.
"The new headquarters building is designed to meet the present and future needs of the bank, and the selection of the location of this new building comes from our belief in the importance of this zone as a financial and banking centre," Al Baraka Bank Algeria general manager Mohammed Seddik Hafid said.
"The building is designed with the latest architecture model, supporting the requirements and expectations of future success,'' he added.
The new building is located at the business centre, and comprises 16 floors. The land area totals 17,470 sq m and contains offices designed in a modern style, halls for lectures, meeting rooms, as well as parking spaces and other services. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia