Bank Dhofar CEO quits
Muscat, April 17, 2011
Oman's Bank Dhofar's chief executive Kris Babicci has resigned and will be relieved of duties as of April 24, the company said in a statement on Sunday.
General manager Mohammad Redha Jawad will take on the role of acting chief executive. Bank Dhofar did not give a reason for Babicci's resignation in the statement.
The bank's board of directors accepted Babicci's resignation at a meeting held on April 13, a statement from the bank to Muscat bourse said.
In January, Bank Dhofar reported fourth quarter earnings jumped more than two-fold to 7.9 million rials, missing average analyst estimates. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity