NBK unit wins money markets award
Kuwait, March 30, 2011
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), the highest rated bank in the Middle East, was recognized as best provider of money market funds in the Middle East by top financial magazine Global Finance.
This accolade comes as a result of the performance of Watani KD Money Market Fund, which is managed by NBK Capital, a statement said.
NBK is the only Middle East and Arab bank to be enlisted among the world’s best providers of money market funds along with major international financial institutions such as J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Standard Bank, and DB Advisors, it added.
Global Finance said that the reason for the recognition is that “the fund posted strong cumulative and annualized returns well above industry benchmarks since the fund was started.”
“We are very proud to be recognized as the leading providers of money market funds in the Middle East region,” said Nabil Maroof, managing director of asset management at NBK Capital.
“This recognition comes following the exceptional performance of our Ijara funds and equity funds for 2010, and helps establish NBK Capital as the leading destination for regional investors,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3