Al Ahlia Insurance names new MD
Dubai, March 15, 2011
RSA, a leading global insurer, has appointed Lloyd East as managing director for Al Ahlia Insurance, part of the RSA Group.
Lloyd has over 20 years experience in the financial services industry having led joint ventures, strategic alliances and strong teams.
Prior to joining RSA in 2009, Lloyd was a director of Principle Insurance and as such was actively involved with the launch of Salaam Halal Insurance, the first Islamic motor insurer in Western Europe. His career has also seen him hold various senior management roles with reputable financial services organisations in the UK, such as managing director of the Automobile Association’s Personal Financial business.
He joined Al Ahlia on March 1 to replace Tony Chaudhry who led the successful integration of RSA Oman and Al Ahlia over the last 12 months. Tony will take up his new role as chief of Balta, RSA’s business in Latvia in March.
“Lloyd is ideally suited to lead our business in Oman as he has a strong track record of delivering robust results joined RSA with the intention of continuing in a leadership role with P&L accountability,” said Jon Hancock, chief for RSA Asia & Middle East.
“The appointment of Lloyd East as managing director will enable Al Ahlia to benefit from his extensive financial services experience and for him to lead the company growth agenda for 2011 and beyond,” added Added Anwar Ali Sultan, chairman of Al Ahlia Insurance.
Lloyd has a BA in Business Studies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director