Al Ahlia Insurance names new MD
Dubai, March 15, 2011
RSA, a leading global insurer, has appointed Lloyd East as managing director for Al Ahlia Insurance, part of the RSA Group.
Lloyd has over 20 years experience in the financial services industry having led joint ventures, strategic alliances and strong teams.
Prior to joining RSA in 2009, Lloyd was a director of Principle Insurance and as such was actively involved with the launch of Salaam Halal Insurance, the first Islamic motor insurer in Western Europe. His career has also seen him hold various senior management roles with reputable financial services organisations in the UK, such as managing director of the Automobile Association’s Personal Financial business.
He joined Al Ahlia on March 1 to replace Tony Chaudhry who led the successful integration of RSA Oman and Al Ahlia over the last 12 months. Tony will take up his new role as chief of Balta, RSA’s business in Latvia in March.
“Lloyd is ideally suited to lead our business in Oman as he has a strong track record of delivering robust results joined RSA with the intention of continuing in a leadership role with P&L accountability,” said Jon Hancock, chief for RSA Asia & Middle East.
“The appointment of Lloyd East as managing director will enable Al Ahlia to benefit from his extensive financial services experience and for him to lead the company growth agenda for 2011 and beyond,” added Added Anwar Ali Sultan, chairman of Al Ahlia Insurance.
Lloyd has a BA in Business Studies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service