KIA says not to liquidate Mena investments
Kuwait, March 1, 2011
Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA), the Gulf state's sovereign fund, is not considering liquidating any of its investments in Mena region, an unnamed source said in published remarks on Tuesday.
Recent political unrest in the region has roiled financial markets and threaten to derail investment prospects of the region.
'KIA assesses its investments periodically, assuring that it does not mean existing or liquidating any of it,' Arabic newspaper al-Watan quoted the source as saying.
The source also told the paper that KIA's investments were not affected by the current political events.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance
- BMI Bank-Al Salam boards back merger
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion