KIA says not to liquidate Mena investments
Kuwait, March 1, 2011
Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA), the Gulf state's sovereign fund, is not considering liquidating any of its investments in Mena region, an unnamed source said in published remarks on Tuesday.
Recent political unrest in the region has roiled financial markets and threaten to derail investment prospects of the region.
'KIA assesses its investments periodically, assuring that it does not mean existing or liquidating any of it,' Arabic newspaper al-Watan quoted the source as saying.
The source also told the paper that KIA's investments were not affected by the current political events.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head