KPMG wins Euromoney Islamic finance award
Manama, February 28, 2011
KPMG has been named Best Islamic Assurance and Advisory Services Provider in the 2011 Euromoney Islamic Finance Awards.
It's the fourth time in a row the organisation has taken the top prize which is a record in the advisory category.
Now in their ninth year, the awards are regarded as the benchmark awards for the global Islamic finance industry.
Euromoney highlighted KPMG's active role in promoting and aiding the development of the Islamic finance industry around the world and said: 'KPMG stands out for the way it is helping to grow Islamic finance globally,' organisers of the award said.
'From training a leading UK bank in the processes, risks and controls involved in Islamic banking to helping India and Sri Lanka examine the potential of an Islamic finance industry, KPMG stands above its rivals to win the best advisory firm award.'
'This award is testimony to our continued commitment to the Islamic finance industry particularly during the recent challenging global market conditions,' said KPMG Bahrain audit and advisory partner Jalil Al Aali.
'We are very proud of our achievements in this space and intend to work even more closely with our clients to help the industry step up to the next level.
'I believe it evidences our breadth of capabilities around the challenges currently facing the Islamic finance industry but also the fact that we have been there for our clients across the world when they have needed us. We believe in the potential of the Islamic finance industry and business model and KPMG firms will be investing further in our people to bring even more value to the industry.'
'In Bahrain we see numerous opportunities in the Islamic banking sector and we will continue to ensure that we have the right people on the ground to deliver,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award