KPMG appoints new audit partners in Bahrain
Manama, January 1, 2011
KPMG Fakhro, a leading global audit, tax and advisory firm, has appointed two new audit partners aimed at strengthening the firm’s financial services and owner managed business practices in Bahrain.
Islamic banking specialist, Mahesh Balasubramanian, and owner managed business specialist, Harish Gopinath, were both promoted from within the business.
KPMG Fakhro managing partner, Jamal Fakhro said the appointments reflect KPMG’s optimism for the future and the growing needs and expectations of its clients.
“Mahesh and Harish are significant appointments for our expanding financial services and owner managed business teams,” said Fakhro.
“The appointments ensure KPMG has senior auditors on the ground to support clients in the growing SME sector in Bahrain and Islamic banking,” he added.
Balasubramanian is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He leads the Islamic banking services for Bahrain.
Gopinath is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has a CPA from American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He manages audit, accounting and outsourcing assignments and special assignments for SME clients in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs