NBAD names new chief for division
Abu Dhabi, November 23, 2010
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed Vasgen Edwards as the head of International Corporate Banking.
Edwards will manage the international corporate clients, with a mandate to grow the bank’s corporate banking business with multinationals operating in the UAE and the Mena region.
He will also work with NBAD’s offices in Europe, the US and the Far East to develop Export Credit Agency Financing business opportunities.
“Vasgen Edwards is taking on a key role as the head of International Corporate Banking and we have the utmost confidence that he will take NBAD’s International Corporate Banking to new frontiers,” said Abdulla Al Otaiba, the general manager of Corporate Banking Group and deputy senior general manager of Corporate Investment Banking.
Edwards joined NBAD from Lloyds Banking Group, where he was the managing director and head of Corporate Asset Finance. He has also worked for GE Capital and has, during his career, managed international financing operations, headed a specialist credit team and has been active in a number of industrial markets including rail, semi-conductor and aviation. –TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge