NBAD names new chief for division
Abu Dhabi, November 23, 2010
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed Vasgen Edwards as the head of International Corporate Banking.
Edwards will manage the international corporate clients, with a mandate to grow the bank’s corporate banking business with multinationals operating in the UAE and the Mena region.
He will also work with NBAD’s offices in Europe, the US and the Far East to develop Export Credit Agency Financing business opportunities.
“Vasgen Edwards is taking on a key role as the head of International Corporate Banking and we have the utmost confidence that he will take NBAD’s International Corporate Banking to new frontiers,” said Abdulla Al Otaiba, the general manager of Corporate Banking Group and deputy senior general manager of Corporate Investment Banking.
Edwards joined NBAD from Lloyds Banking Group, where he was the managing director and head of Corporate Asset Finance. He has also worked for GE Capital and has, during his career, managed international financing operations, headed a specialist credit team and has been active in a number of industrial markets including rail, semi-conductor and aviation. –TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low