Al Baraka Turk plans $250m Islamic loan
Dubai, August 23, 2010
The Turkish subsidiary of Bahraini Islamic lender Al Baraka has mandated banks for a $250 million sharia-compliant facility, the chief executive of the parent company said on Sunday.
'We'll be signing it on September 15,' Adnan Yousif, chief executive of Al Baraka, told reporters.
The lead arrangers of the murabaha facility for Al Baraka Turk are Standard Chartered, Lebanon's Blom Bank and a subsidiary of Bahrain's Arab Banking Corporation, Yousif said.
The facility will be used for general corporate purposes, he added. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head