Ahli United Q2 net profit rises 22pc
Manama, July 28, 2010
Bahrain-based Ahli United Bank posted on Wednesday a 22 per cent rise in quarterly profit.
The bank said in a statement posted on the Kuwaiti stock exchange that profit attributable to shareholders in the quarter ended June 30 was $70.2 million, compared with $57.6 million in the year-earlier quarter.
Analysts at Sico Investment Bank expected the bank to post a net profit of $73.7 million. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records