AUB boosts stake in Egypt bank
Cairo, July 7, 2010
Bahrain’s Ahli United Bank (AUB) has increased its stake in Ahli United Bank Egypt to 85.1 per cent from 79.6 per cent, Egypt’s bourse said yesterday.
The Bahraini bank, which has sought to boost its stake to 90 per cent in an offer that began on June 1, bought 3.3 million shares at EGP37 ($6.68) each, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The deal was worth EGP122.6 million. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee