AUB boosts stake in Egypt bank
Cairo, July 7, 2010
Bahrain’s Ahli United Bank (AUB) has increased its stake in Ahli United Bank Egypt to 85.1 per cent from 79.6 per cent, Egypt’s bourse said yesterday.
The Bahraini bank, which has sought to boost its stake to 90 per cent in an offer that began on June 1, bought 3.3 million shares at EGP37 ($6.68) each, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The deal was worth EGP122.6 million. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service