$75m Murabaha facility for Turkish bank
Manama, February 18, 2010
ABC Islamic Bank, along with Noor Islamic Bank and Standard Chartered Bank, have been mandated by Turkey’s Bank Asya to arrange a $75 million (and/or equivalent in Euros) syndicated dual currency Murabaha financing facility.
The facility which offers a profit margin of 225bps over the applicable benchmark has been structured as a Shari’a compliant dual-currency facility with a one-year tenor.
Proceeds will be used to fund Bank Asya’s Islamic trade finance activities.
Bank Asya was established in 1996 in Istanbul and operates in accordance with the principles of interest-free banking.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013