Bank Dhofar Q4 net rises
Muscat, January 14, 2010
Bank Dhofar's fourth-quarter net profit rose more than four-fold, but fell short of analysts' expectations, according to a statement on the Muscat bourse's website on Thursday.
Fourth-quarter net profit at Oman's second-biggest bank by market value jumped to 6.56 million Oman rials ($17.04 million) from 1.51 million rials in the year-ago period. The fourth-quarter figure is based on Reuters calculations, as the statement did not provide a quarterly breakdown.
The average fourth-quarter net profit forecast of analysts polled by Reuters this month was 10.96 million rials.
Full-year net profit rose to 28.06 million rials ($72.88 million) from 23.69 million rials in 2008.
The results were unaudited and have yet to be presented to the bank's board of directors, according to the statement.
The bank's full-year operating income rose to 65.03 million rials, while operating expenses increased 12.1 percent. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head