NBK subsidiary opens new Egypt branch
Cairo, December 24, 2009
NBK’s subsidiary, Al Watany Bank of Egypt (AWB), has opened a new branch at Sharm El Sheikh, in line with the bank's local strategy to reach out to the widest range of clientele.
The new Sharm El Sheikh is the 36th branch for the AWB network in Egypt.
NBK deputy chief and AWB chairman Shaikha Al Bahar said that the new full-service branch has been designed to accommodate the greatest possible number of visitors, staffed with AWB’s high-calibre bankers and equipped with the latest banking services to better serve their increasing number of customers.
“The new branch is fully equipped with sophisticated equipment and latest technologies in banking services, such as Cheque Deposit Boxes, Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) and ATM machines”, Al Bahar added.
AWB, which is a member of NBK Group, was established in 1980 and has a branch network of 30 branches situated at strategic locations within the various Egyptian governorates and cities, including Cairo, Al Jezza, Alexandria, 6th October, 10th Ramadan, Souhaj and Sharm Al Shaikh.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia