World Bank to raise $100m in Islamic bonds
Kuwait, October 14, 2009
The World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC) plans to raise about $100 million in Islamic bonds, three bankers told Reuters on Wednesday.
They said HSBC, Dubai Islamic Bank, Kuwait Finance House Bahrain and Liquidity Management House were mandated to oraganise a road show for the sukuk.
The roadshow will start on October 18 and will visit Riyadh, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Bahrain, they said.
Three bankers familiar with the deal declined to be identified. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service