World Bank to raise $100m in Islamic bonds
Kuwait, October 14, 2009
The World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC) plans to raise about $100 million in Islamic bonds, three bankers told Reuters on Wednesday.
They said HSBC, Dubai Islamic Bank, Kuwait Finance House Bahrain and Liquidity Management House were mandated to oraganise a road show for the sukuk.
The roadshow will start on October 18 and will visit Riyadh, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Bahrain, they said.
Three bankers familiar with the deal declined to be identified. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'