Dubai Bank CEO is Banker of the Year
Dubai, January 17, 2009
The Islamic Business and Finance Award 2008 has honoured the CEO of Dubai Bank Salaam Al Shaksy with the Banker of the Year Award 2008.
The award recognised Al Shaksy’s leadership as a fundamental reason for Dubai Bank’s achievements in innovation and excellence within the global Islamic finance industry.
The Islamic Business & Finance Awards recognise superior performance, innovation and development and the quality of management among the most forward thinking establishments within the Islamic finance industry.
Winners are selected by a panel of world-renowned financial experts and the readers of Islamic Business & Finance Magazine, said an official spokesman.
“We are proud to organise this prestigious event, highlighting the progress of Islamic finance. As ‘Banker of The Year’, Salaam Al Shaksy is acknowledged as one of the global leaders of the industry,” said managing editor of CPI Financial Robin Amlot.
“The year 2008 was a successful year for Dubai Bank, in spite of the extremely challenging and unpredictable global environment. This success has depended on effective leadership and focussed strategic planning and I congratulate Salaam on his contribution towards making Dubai Bank and Dubai Banking Group a success,” said chairman of Dubai Bank Fadel Al Ali.
“This achievement is the result of our all rounded efforts and the dedication to service demonstrated by the people of Dubai Bank. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our chairman, Mr. Fadel Al Ali and the Board for their leadership and every employee of the bank for their support. This is an exciting time for Islamic Banking, with an abundance of opportunities for us to further challenge the conventional players,” said Al Shaksy.
Al Shaksy, who has over 23 years of banking experience, joined Dubai Bank in 2008. He is currently CEO of Dubai Banking Group and Dubai Bank.
Under his leadership Dubai Bank launched a number of innovative products and services including the UAE’s first functionality rich mobile banking service. Prior to joining Dubai Bank, Al Shaksy held several high profile positions with leading organisations across the region, including that of CEO of Dubai Banking Group and deputy CEO of Bank Dhofar. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook