Dubai Bank CEO is Banker of the Year
Dubai, January 17, 2009
The Islamic Business and Finance Award 2008 has honoured the CEO of Dubai Bank Salaam Al Shaksy with the Banker of the Year Award 2008.
The award recognised Al Shaksy’s leadership as a fundamental reason for Dubai Bank’s achievements in innovation and excellence within the global Islamic finance industry.
The Islamic Business & Finance Awards recognise superior performance, innovation and development and the quality of management among the most forward thinking establishments within the Islamic finance industry.
Winners are selected by a panel of world-renowned financial experts and the readers of Islamic Business & Finance Magazine, said an official spokesman.
“We are proud to organise this prestigious event, highlighting the progress of Islamic finance. As ‘Banker of The Year’, Salaam Al Shaksy is acknowledged as one of the global leaders of the industry,” said managing editor of CPI Financial Robin Amlot.
“The year 2008 was a successful year for Dubai Bank, in spite of the extremely challenging and unpredictable global environment. This success has depended on effective leadership and focussed strategic planning and I congratulate Salaam on his contribution towards making Dubai Bank and Dubai Banking Group a success,” said chairman of Dubai Bank Fadel Al Ali.
“This achievement is the result of our all rounded efforts and the dedication to service demonstrated by the people of Dubai Bank. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our chairman, Mr. Fadel Al Ali and the Board for their leadership and every employee of the bank for their support. This is an exciting time for Islamic Banking, with an abundance of opportunities for us to further challenge the conventional players,” said Al Shaksy.
Al Shaksy, who has over 23 years of banking experience, joined Dubai Bank in 2008. He is currently CEO of Dubai Banking Group and Dubai Bank.
Under his leadership Dubai Bank launched a number of innovative products and services including the UAE’s first functionality rich mobile banking service. Prior to joining Dubai Bank, Al Shaksy held several high profile positions with leading organisations across the region, including that of CEO of Dubai Banking Group and deputy CEO of Bank Dhofar. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award