NBK named best bank in ME
Kuwait City, November 30, 2008
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has been named ‘the Best Bank in the Middle East for 2008’ by the renowned ‘The Banker’, an affiliate of the International Financial Corporation.
The award was presented at a special ceremony held recently in London to honour best banks worldwide. Winning this prestigious reward is another testament to the leading position NBK enjoys region wise, said a bank official.
NBK Group CEO Ibrahim Dabdoub received the award and thanked the support rendered by the bank’s shareholders, board of the directors and employees throughout the past years.
NBK is distinguished among Arab banks by its comprehensive network branches, subsidiaries and representative offices in London, Paris, New York, Turkey, China, Vietnam, Singapore Qatar, Lebanon, Jordan, UAE, Bahrain, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance
- BMI Bank-Al Salam boards back merger
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion