Bahrain firm's profit up 32pc
Manama, October 22, 2008
Bahrain Commercial Facilities Company (BCFC) saw this year's third-quarter net profit edge ahead to BD2.6 million ($6.9 million) from BD2.5 million for the same period of last year.
That took net profit for the first nine months rose to BD9.05 million, an increase of 32 per cent on the BD6.9 million earned in the same period last year, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
BCFC is the owner of several of Bahrain's leading businesses including Bahrain Credit, National Motor Company, Tas'heelat Insurance Services Company and Tas'heelat Real Estate Services Company.
The announcement of the financial results coincides with the closing date for the BD25 million rights issue undertaken by the company.
"Achieving these results is an indication of the strong financial position of the company and its core businesses," said BCFC chairman Abdulrahman Y Fakhro.
"The company will continue its prudent policies and strategies and the proceeds of the rights issue will further strengthen the consumer finance business, address capacity improvement in the automotive business and help the company invest in new products and business lines." - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts Of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan