Burgan Bank Q3 profit rises 34pc
Kuwait City, October 22, 2008
Kuwait's Burgan Bank, a unit of investment firm Kuwait Projects Co (Kicpo), posted a 34 per cent increase in third-quarter net profit.
Net profit for the three months to Sept. 30 amounted to 19.36 million dinars ($72.29 million), or 20.5 fils per share, after 14.47 million dinars, or 15.3 fils per share, in the same period a year ago, the lender said in a statement on the bourse website on Wednesday.
The lender, which has no foreign operations, gave no explanation for the profit rise. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity