Burgan Bank Q3 profit rises 34pc
Kuwait City, October 22, 2008
Kuwait's Burgan Bank, a unit of investment firm Kuwait Projects Co (Kicpo), posted a 34 per cent increase in third-quarter net profit.
Net profit for the three months to Sept. 30 amounted to 19.36 million dinars ($72.29 million), or 20.5 fils per share, after 14.47 million dinars, or 15.3 fils per share, in the same period a year ago, the lender said in a statement on the bourse website on Wednesday.
The lender, which has no foreign operations, gave no explanation for the profit rise. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF