Ahli Bank H1 net soars 86pc
Muscat, August 3, 2008
Ahli Bank’s net income for the first half of 2008 has jumped 86 per cent to RO3.51 million ($9.12 million) compared to RO1.18 million ($3.06 million) for the same period last year.
Operating income for the first half was RO6.70 million, an 80 per cent increase over the same period last year, according to a Gulf News report.
The bank’s total assets rose to RO382 million, up 104 per cent over last year.
Customer deposits increased 230 per cent to RO251 million in June 2008.
And first half loans were up 89 per cent from RO167 million last year to RO316 million this year.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service