Ahli Bank H1 net soars 86pc
Muscat, August 3, 2008
Ahli Bank’s net income for the first half of 2008 has jumped 86 per cent to RO3.51 million ($9.12 million) compared to RO1.18 million ($3.06 million) for the same period last year.
Operating income for the first half was RO6.70 million, an 80 per cent increase over the same period last year, according to a Gulf News report.
The bank’s total assets rose to RO382 million, up 104 per cent over last year.
Customer deposits increased 230 per cent to RO251 million in June 2008.
And first half loans were up 89 per cent from RO167 million last year to RO316 million this year.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units