Dubai to host Credit Risk Management Forum
Dubai, June 26, 2008
The Credit Risk Management Forum for Financial Services will discuss the most pressing issues that the industry faces and exchange ideas and case studies.
The event will be organised by Fleming Gulf on October 27 and 28 in Dubai to help professionals ensure an efficient credit risk management by developing a solid robust credit risk framework for successful risk confrontation.
In today's changing financial landscape an organisation's ability to effectively monitor and manage its credit risk can mean the difference between success and survival, said senior conference producer at Fleming Gulf Zenab S Husain.
“In light of the challenges posed by rapidly evolving credit markets and unprecedented growth of the Middle East financial sector, effective credit risk management has indeed become one of the most important aspects of a successful financial institution's operation,” added Husain.
“It is imperative that risk managers understand how credit management procedures will be affected by the global credit crunch. In this changing financial landscape, every industry is positioning itself differently to prudently reduce their credit risks and explore opportunities while still maintaining its profitability. Credit losses have always been and remain, by far, the main cause of corporate losses” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school