ME project finance market 'worth $1 trillion'
Dubai, May 27, 2008
An economic upsurge has turned the Middle East into the second largest market for project finance after China, with a total value of nearly $1 trillion, according to estimates.
The financing activity covers several sectors, including oil, gas petrochemicals, infrastructure, utilities and real estate, a report said.
The developments in each industrial segment of the Middle East are substantial enough to place the region second only to China as a focus for project finance over the next years, a report in Emirates Business said, quoting Fleming Gulf.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark