Investcorp hosts hedge funds lecture
Kuwait City, April 15, 2008
Investcorp, a leading global asset manager specialising in alternative investments, held an introductory lecture on hedge funds for business journalists working in the Kuwaiti media.
Investcorp managing director in the hedge funds Sewanyana Kironde explained the history of hedge funds which were established as a line of business by Investcorp over a decade ago.
He provided an insight into current global investment trends, as well as explaining various hedge fund strategies. The lecture also covered the importance of managing risk.
Hedge funds have become widely used in the investment portfolios of both institutions and sophisticated high-net-worth individuals as a component to diversify portfolios, preserve value and lower portfolio volatility and risk.
Kironde also explained the Investcorp hedge fund investment process.- TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service