Investcorp hosts hedge funds lecture
Kuwait City, April 15, 2008
Investcorp, a leading global asset manager specialising in alternative investments, held an introductory lecture on hedge funds for business journalists working in the Kuwaiti media.
Investcorp managing director in the hedge funds Sewanyana Kironde explained the history of hedge funds which were established as a line of business by Investcorp over a decade ago.
He provided an insight into current global investment trends, as well as explaining various hedge fund strategies. The lecture also covered the importance of managing risk.
Hedge funds have become widely used in the investment portfolios of both institutions and sophisticated high-net-worth individuals as a component to diversify portfolios, preserve value and lower portfolio volatility and risk.
Kironde also explained the Investcorp hedge fund investment process.- TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions