NBAD IP transformation onstream
Abu Dhabi, November 27, 2007
The first phase of the IP-transformation has been completed at National Bank Abu Dhabi (NBAD) by Orange Business Services.
The phase one of the Orange network solution will support the NBAD with its plans to centralise its applications and inter-connect its sites in the UAE, Egypt, Kuwait and Oman, while the phase two, due for completion this month, will link other sites across the GCC with the sites in France and the UK, a statement said.
“It has been our strategy as a leading bank to centralise our IT operation as much as possible for ease of support and consolidation and NBAD is pleased to be working with Orange in order to achieve that goal. This means that we can focus on our core businesses and concentrate on our customer needs globally instead of being diverted by technology,” said Srood Sherif, CIO, NBAD. -TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain